PPC (Pay-Per-Click) is not a term used in digital marketing. it is a form of marketing in which marketers have to pay a certain amount of money for the ads every time when clicked, i.e., it is buying marketing visits. If you are a willing aspirant for PPC jobs, one must prepare for the PPC interview questions in order to take place in an office.
- What is Pay-per-click marketing?
Pay per click marketing is a method of using search engine advertising in order to generate clicks for your website without using the traditional clicks method. It implies on those sponsored ads which we see at the top of the Google search results page, and are highlighted with a green label.
- What happens when “x” doesn’t work?
One should always keep a record of the documents or the existing contents in order to escape from unforeseen circumstances. Make changes. If the changes don’t produce the desired result then we always have an option of mass “undo”. Apart from this, one should always display the pros and cons of the process, i.e. what can one make use of from this and what one cannot.
- What is an actual CPC?
It shows the actual amount of the click of an advertiser in a bid. The actual CPC is calculated in real time. Actual CPC cannot be calculated. The one known to us is an average CPC.
- What is the difference between PPC marketing and Internet Marketing?
PPC or Pay-Per-Click Marketing aims at marketing one’s business through search engines and social media channels. It is a paid search result to a subject and the ads aim to focus on the targeted keywords at minimal costs. Clients usually opt for PPC only when they want their ads to be shown at the top of a result for the search engine page.
While on the other hand, online marketing is a broad concept which focuses on a diverse range of channels like Email marketing, Social Media Marketing, Video marketing, etc.
- What do you understand by Quality Score in PPC marketing?
Google analyses the quality and relevance of both the keywords and PPC ads of the subject which determines the cost per click (CPC). The rate decided is then multiplied by the maximum bid which further determines the ad rank in an ad auction process. The quality score depends on the following factors-
- Keyword relevance to the ad group
- Quality and relevance of the ad text and landing page
- Account history
- Quality score is directly proportional to PPC success. The better the Quality Score, the more the ads will be effective.
- How can we reduce the cost of the paid search campaigns?
Some of the ways to reduce the cost of paid search campaigns are enlisted below-
- By using all types of keywords, always bid the highest, followed by the phrase, then modify it broadly. This leads to cost reduction by almost 20-25%.
- If the business is on the global scale, then find the reasons why your campaign is not able to convert the visitors into customers as per the expectations and then find solutions to those problems or put a minimum bid for such locations.
- Those days can be observed in a week when the campaigns are not converting and henceforth one can lower down the bids for those particular days.
- Describe building a keyword list?
It is a skilful task. It is an important element in PPC marketing since keyword decides the success of PPC marketing effort. To choose the right keyword for a subject can attract maximum traffic to your site but choosing irrelevant ones can burn the dream of success to ashes. Therefore systematic steps should be adopted for choosing the keyword-
- Identify the demands of the users
- Analyze the reviews of the existing offers
- Observe your competitor websites
- Checking the web results carefully and analytically
- Expanding on keywords by using different tools
- What is geo-targeting? Describe a strategy on geo-targeting ads.
Geo-targeting is a strategy which targets the ads to certain or multiple locations. Campaigns can be targeted on the basis of a city, state, country, region, ZIP code, radius around a point and designated market area. Marketers can improve on their right of information by being more creative in their targeting methodology.
- What is Google MCC?
It is a useful marketing tool which is very useful for marketing experts and third parties. It helps us in handling multiple Adwords accounts from a particular location.
- What is Remarketing?
Adwords remarketing is a marketing strategy that helps marketers to connect with people who have visited their website before but did not experience conversion. It is a way to match the demands of the people with their requirement of right ads.
The above-enlisted PPC interview questions can be prepared by the candidate aiming for the PPC job, to impress the interviewer with their knowledge.
Also, see –