Rise of Digital Marketing and its importance in Business Growth
In last decade, the world has shown a rapid shift from traditional media to digital media and the transformation is on a fast track this decade too. More and more people are spending time on digital media, hence it became the preferred way to promote products and services.
The consumption of digital music, articles, blogs, images, and video content speaks a lot in favor of the importance of digital marketing nowadays. Devices like mobile, Smartphone, iPad, computer, are one of the main tools driving the digital information.
The arena keeps consumer, seller, and mediator work on a single platform via the internet. So, if we talk in particular about the need for digital marketing we have the following facts.
The future of Marketing is Digital Marketing:
In olden days, print and electronic were the main tools of marketing. However, today with the wide usage of E-devices connected to the internet, companies have started spending a huge amount of digital ads.
If we focus on digital advertising then CMO council research is worth to share.
- DM was the fastest growing category in 2014, with an increase of 16.1% in spending.
- Within 5 years, the total spending in digital marketing will cover 75% of total ad spending.
- The spending on global social media ads has already reached $16.10 billion (2014) with a direct 43% increase from the last year.
- Most of the senior advertisers/marketers are ready to allocate their funds on digital marketing website content, performance, and optimization.
Prediction on Digital/Online Marketing:
We have reached the place where everything happens online. For example money transfer, credit card payments, bills submissions, online shopping or writing a blog, the search engines are gaining traffic day-by-day. Again according to CMO facts:
- At the end of 2018, the internet advertising industry may overtake TV ad segment.
- Not just system but marketers have spent $4.4 billion on mobile advertising in 2012 that reached to $8.5million in 2013. However, the future prediction of CMO council says that it will reach up to $31.1 billion by the end of 2017.
- Apps are the new future tools for developers and designers.
- Internet of Things (IOT) the advance flow of data flowing that is a huge market opportunity for every single digital marketer.
The strongest point to join the wide digital marketing industry is the statistics that more than 82% of the world population comes online. The industry will grow and will become advanced every day.
The digital age is the new marketing segment that offers immense benefits, remunerations, and secures future!